- With Highway Trust Fund in jeopardy, Obama refocuses on infrastructure
- Church of England allows female bishops
- Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: ‘Worst president ever’
- WHO urges healthy gay men to take HIV prevention drugs, cites ‘exploding epidemics’
- Ukraine: Military plane shot down by rocket
- Ebola crisis in West Africa deepens; 500+ dead
- Propaganda song popular among Central Americans was devised by U.S. Border Patrol
- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Nancy Knowlton
"A baseline is the medical history of the environment," said Smithsonian scientist Nancy Knowlton. "Without a baseline you can't say anything about what the impact of anything is."
"The sea today is in trouble," said biologist Nancy Knowlton of the Smithsonian Institution, leader of the Census' coral reef project. "Its citizens have no vote in any national or international body, but they are suffering and need to be heard."