- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Nancy Powell Items
The attack on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin sent diplomatic shockwaves from Washington to New Delhi, with U.S. officials expressing anguish and condolences and Indian officials demanding protection for Indian-Americans, especially Sikh men who wear turbans and full beards and are sometimes mistaken for Muslims.
The third U.S.-India strategic dialogue gets under way in Washington this week as the Obama administration considers imposing sanctions on the South Asian nation for importing oil from Iran.
India's ambassador to the United States is warning that trade barriers are a threat to developing nations such as her homeland, which has a strong economy but also vast poverty.