- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Latest Napoleon Bonaparte Items
Napoleon Bonaparte's death bed and sweat-stained shirt is about to hit the auction block in France -- and so is a lock of his hair, his ivory cane and some of last-living bandages.
A secret code letter sent by French emperor Napoleon boasting that his multinational forces would blow up Moscow's Kremlin has sold at auction Sunday for (EURO)187,500 ($243,500) _ 10 times its estimated presale price.
It's a paradox: Our beloved game, so rigorously logical and immune to deceit at the chessboard, rests on a foundation of lies.
Herbert Lom, the durable Czech-born actor best known as Inspector Clouseau's long-suffering boss in the comic "Pink Panther" movies, died Thursday, his son said. He was 95.
Russian Cossacks on horseback Sunday kicked off a two-month friendly march on Paris to mark the bicentenary of a key battle Russia fought against Napoleon that led to an eventual French defeat.
An illuminating letter written by Napoleon in English, sold at auction Sunday for (EURO)325,000 ($405,000), offers a window into the mind of the French emperor, struggling with syntax of the language of enemy Britain.
France has bestowed honors on three dozen World War II veterans at the U.S. Military Academy.
"The Emerald Storm: an Ethan Gage Adventure" (Harper), by William Dietrich: William Dietrich brings back his hero, Ethan Gage, in an early 19th-century swashbuckling adventure, "The Emerald Storm."
Republicans have a golden opportunity to break Barack Obama's presidency, ensuring he will be a one-termer. Mr. Obama has backed himself into a corner on the debt-limit talks; the GOP can smash his re-election prospects if they have the will - and intelligence - to do it.