- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Latest Nat Faxon Items
"I tend to gravitate toward things that lack cynicism," says Steve Carell, who is currently writing his first script since "The 40 Year Old Virgin." "I feel there is so much cynicism on a daily basis, and I get tired of it. I like things that are even vaguely hopeful."
“The most important things to me are my wife and children, truly,” says Steve Carell. “At the end of my life, when all is said and done, that’s what I’m going to reflect on when I look back on my life. Not what roles I did, what movies or TV shows, so that’s it for me. I love this job, but no matter where I am I can’t wait to get back home.”
84th Academy Award winners
Partial list of the 84th Annual Academy Award winners announced Sunday:
List of the 84th Annual Academy Award winners announced Sunday.
A black velvet dress that belonged to Whitney Houston and a pair of earrings she wore in "The Bodyguard" will be sold to the highest bidder next month, the Associated Press reports.
Woody Allen's romantic fantasy "Midnight in Paris" and Alexander Payne's family drama "The Descendants" have won top screenplay honors from the Writers Guild of America.
The nominations for the 84th annual Academy Awards were announced Tuesday.
Complete list of 84th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday: