- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
Latest Natalie Portman Items
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee on Friday denied that he was criticizing Academy Award-winning actress Natalie Portman when he suggested her pregnancy was glamorizing the idea of having children outside of marriage.
Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman says she is "shocked and disgusted" by a video in which designer John Galliano says he loves Adolf Hitler.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Cee Lo Green, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler. With pop stars, R&B singers and long-haired rockers galore at parties following the Academy Awards, the glam festivities felt more like the Grammys than Hollywood's biggest night honoring film.
"The King's Speech" was crowned best picture Sunday at an Academy Awards ceremony as precise as a state coronation. The monarchy drama won an expected four Oscars, and predictable favorites claimed acting honors.
As much competition as there is at the Academy Awards, Oscar night on Twitter is far more cacophonous.
These were supposed to be the younger, hipper Academy Awards, the ones that shook up the ceremony's conventions with popular, great-looking emcees in actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway, who were unlike the middle-aged comedians and TV talk-show hosts of years past.
List of the 83rd Annual Academy Award winners announced Sunday:
"The King's Speech" has been crowned best picture at an Academy Awards ceremony as precise as a state coronation, the monarchy drama leading as expected with four Oscars and predictable favorites claiming acting honors.
The Academy Awards' red carpet is a traffic jam of celebrities, publicists, media and screaming bleacher fans. There are lots of moments _ funny, strange and otherwise _ during its two-hour parade of designer duds, shouted names and goofy questions.