- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Nate Schmidt Items
Washington teammates Marty Erat and Nicklas Backstrom face off in the Olympics when the Czechs take on the Swedes in Sochi. Preview it here.
The Capitals are trying to work three young defensemen into the lineup at the same time. Their struggles have been predictable.
The Capitals are still in the playoff hunt, but is their roster strong enough to make a deep run in the postseason?
Alex Ovechkin is missing his third game of the season. The Caps won their first two games without him by a combined score of 10-2.
With seven healthy defensemen, the Caps have sent Patrick Wey back to the Hershey Bears.
Quick news and notes from Tuesday's morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as the Caps [16-12-2] face the Lightning [17-10-2] at Verizon Center [7 p.m., CSN]:
Adam Oates post-game comments praised some unsung players for the Capitals, specifically on defense.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].