- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float as Hawaii health director killed in crash
Latest Nate Schmidt Items
With seven healthy defensemen, the Caps have sent Patrick Wey back to the Hershey Bears.
Quick news and notes from Tuesday's morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as the Caps [16-12-2] face the Lightning [17-10-2] at Verizon Center [7 p.m., CSN]:
Adam Oates post-game comments praised some unsung players for the Capitals, specifically on defense.
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
What will the Caps do with Marty Erat and Dmitry Orlov? Can they package them for a top four defenseman? Our answers.
The Caps rolled out to a 3-1 lead, but Ottawa proved too much as the game went on in a wild game at Verizon Center.