- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Nate Schmidt Items
Capitals assistant coach Calle Johansson says a mix of blame needs to fall on the coaches and players for the team's poor defensive play.
The Capitals are still in the playoff hunt, but is their roster strong enough to make a deep run in the postseason?
Quick news and notes from Tuesday's morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as the Caps [16-12-2] face the Lightning [17-10-2] at Verizon Center [7 p.m., CSN]:
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
When Schmidt signed with the Capitals last season and was sent to Hershey of the AHL, Oleksy provided something that really helped Schmidt out. When Schmidt was recalled by the Caps last week, Oleksy was there to help again.