- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Nate Schmidt Items
Capitals assistant coach Calle Johansson says a mix of blame needs to fall on the coaches and players for the team's poor defensive play.
The Capitals are still in the playoff hunt, but is their roster strong enough to make a deep run in the postseason?
Quick news and notes from Tuesday's morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as the Caps [16-12-2] face the Lightning [17-10-2] at Verizon Center [7 p.m., CSN]:
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
When Schmidt signed with the Capitals last season and was sent to Hershey of the AHL, Oleksy provided something that really helped Schmidt out. When Schmidt was recalled by the Caps last week, Oleksy was there to help again.