- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Latest Nathan Gerbe Items
Alex Ovechkin was hoping to have dinner with former teammate Alex Semin. Concussion symptoms kept Semin in North Carolina.
Nathan Gerbe's third goal in four games broke a tie at 6:59 of the third period, and Anton Khudobin stopped 30 shots as the Hurricanes beat the Washington Capitals 3-2 Thursday night.
Also waived, according to a person familiar with the moves, were Detroit defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo, Vancouver defenseman Keith Ballard and Buffalo forward Nathan Gerbe.
It was the final straw for Bruce Boudreau's Washington Capitals, a 5-1 loss on Nov. 26 at the Buffalo Sabres, who were missing nine regulars. The Sabres were more or less their minor-league affiliate, the Rochester Americans.
On Oct. 14, the morning after Jay Beagle suffered a concussion in a fight with Arron Asham and had to leave the Washington Capitals' game at the Pittsburgh Penguins, Brooks Laich had some pretty pointed comments about the league's protocol process.
The Buffalo Sabres avoided arbitration by re-signing center Nathan Gerbe to a three-year contract.