- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Nathan Mackinnon
Jhonas Enroth made 43 saves to spoil the return of Tampa Bay star Steven Stamkos and the Buffalo Sabres beat the Lightning 3-1 on Thursday night.
Nathan MacKinnon had the puck in the final minute of overtime and each of the four opposing skaters stood passively and stared at the phenom.
Colorado is in the mix for one of the top playoff seeds in the Western Conference, and first-year coach Patrick Roy thinks the Avalanche are one of the NHL's biggest surprises.
Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play.
Steve Mason and the Flyers are playing their best hockey of the season heading into the Olympic break.
The Colorado Avalanche took a chance when they drafted Nathan MacKinnon first overall last June.
Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists in the first period, Evgeni Malkin scored in the opening minute, and the Pittsburgh Penguins chased Jonathan Quick in a 4-1 victory over the struggling Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night.
Semyon Varlamov celebrated his new contract with another stellar performance in net.
Semyon Varlamov has mastered beating the Dallas Stars.
Tyler Johnson stole the spotlight in a matchup of two top rookies.
Phil Kessel keeps scoring and the Toronto Maple Leafs keep on winning.
R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to their franchise-record seventh straight win, a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings.
DENVER (AP) — Away from home, the New York Islanders have been tough to beat lately.
Alex Tanguay scored twice and Varlamov made 40 saves in his return to Washington as the Avalanche remained perfect under coach Patrick Roy with a 5-1 win on Saturday night.
Patrick Roy says he has been fined $10,000 by the NHL on Thursday for his emotional outburst the night before in his Colorado Avalanche coaching debut.
"It's pretty cool," MacKinnon acknowledged.
"We lost the game in the second period," MacKinnon said. "Their goalie made some good saves for them. We've been playing well of late, but we can't let this game get us down too much."