- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
National Academy Of Sciences
Latest National Academy Of Sciences Items
Undaunted by a rash of scandals over the science underpinning climate change, top climate researchers are plotting to respond with what one scientist involved said needs to be "an outlandishly aggressively partisan approach" to gut the credibility of skeptics.
Maryland Science Center
Photographer Ansel Adams' black-and-white landscapes conveyed an enduring appreciation for the natural world, and clearly, his work has influenced protegee Mariana Cook. While her 2005 book "Faces of Science: Portraits" didn't contain breathtaking views of Yosemite, its portraits lionized those who study the environment. Photographs from this project are on display at the National Academy of Sciences (2100 C St. NW) through Sept. 28. Free. Open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; photo ID required. 202/334-2436. www.nasonline.org.