- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
National Association Of Home Builders
Latest National Association Of Home Builders Items
From purchases and prices to builder sentiment and construction, the U.S. housing market is making consistent gains.
U.S. sales of new homes jumped last month to the highest level in more than two years, further evidence of a sustained housing recovery that could help lift the lackluster economy.
Here's a real estate riddle: What do most homeowners want even though they rarely use it?
American Airlines is sending layoff warning notices to more than 11,000 employees although it expects job losses to be closer to 4,400.
Average U.S. rates on fixed mortgages have risen for a fourth straight week, remaining slightly above record lows. Cheap mortgages have helped fuel a modest housing recovery this year.
The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits edged up slightly last week but remained at a level consistent with modest gains in hiring.
New federal rules proposed Wednesday would require all high-risk mortgage lenders to obtain property appraisals for the first time.
U.S. builders broke ground on the most new homes and apartments in nearly four years last month, the latest evidence that the housing market is recovering.
In the excitement of buying a brand-new home and choosing the features and finishes they desire, the last thing most buyers are thinking about is selling that home. Resale value is not always at the top of the list of considerations of new-home buyers, yet the choices made in the builder's design center will have an impact on the property's future value.