- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
Latest NBA Items
Boston pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka tried to get in touch with his grandmother. Oakland slugger Hideki Matsui prayed for the victims. Mets reliever Ryota Igarashi stayed up all night to see the devastation.
The NBA fined Hornets guard Marco Belinelli $10,000 on Thursday for his flagrant foul on Shawn Marion during New Orleans' 93-92 victory over the Dallas Mavericks a night earlier.
With more than 15,000 fans standing and cheering, Kevin Love went to the free-throw line in the second quarter and knocked down the shot that gave him 10 points and 10 rebounds for the game.
NBA Commissioner David Stern says he doesn't plan to talk to Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy about critical remarks Van Gundy made about him _ he will speak to Magic team executives about the comments.
Aaron McKie remembers being popped by an elbow on the side of his head and finishing the game in Los Angeles anyway. Things started going badly a few hours later.
Baron Davis is going back home. It's the trip he feared.
It has come to this: Even Phil Jackson is offering a sympathetic word to the reeling Miami Heat.
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has recorded his 52nd double-double in a row, surpassing Moses Malone for the longest streak since the ABA and NBA merged in 1976.
The downtrodden Timberwolves faithful rose to their feet and roared like they rarely have done all season, saluting Kevin Love for being one of the few reasons to keep coming to Target Center during another long, miserable basketball winter in Minnesota.