- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
National Book Foundation
Latest National Book Foundation Items
The National Book Awards are getting a rewrite.
For a man who built his career on word economy, the title is pretty darned long _ The National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.
For a man who built his career on word economy, the title is pretty darned long — the National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.
Barney Rosset was a publisher, not an author, and struggled for decades to write the story of his brave and wild life. But few over the past 60 years had so profound an impact on the way we read today.
A month before the winners are to be announced, this year's National Book Awards have become a story of embarrassment.
This year's National Book Awards have become a story of embarrassment a month before the winners are to be announced.