- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - National Capital Planning Commission
The National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) is a U.S. government agency that provides planning guidance for Washington, D.C. and the surrounding National Capital Region. Through its planning policies and review of development proposals, the Commission seeks to protect and enhance the extraordinary resources of the national capital. - Source: Wikipedia
A federal commission that oversees plans for monuments in the nation's capital voted Thursday to reject the current design for a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower, sending the concept back to its architects for revisions.
The Kennedy Center's expansion plan is receiving early signs of approval from two federal agencies that oversee architecture and design in Washington.
Plans to build a national memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower will be delayed into next year as the World War II general's family continues to object to a design by architect Frank Gehry.
Rep. Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, who chairs the House panel overseeing D.C. affairs, is really onto something that D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray, Council Chairman Phil Mendelson and council member Kenyan McDuffie should give considerable attention to.
An education center planned as a complement to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall earned an important go-ahead from the National Capital Planning Commission, which supporters say is one step closer to a dedicated space for all military services, but critics worry it could be a step backward for the sanctity of the memorial.
The National Capital Planning Commission is focused on making the open space adjacent to the White House more complementary to the landmark itself without sacrificing national security. On Tuesday, the commission presented the top five project designs from a nationwide search to find the best way to accomplish that goal.
A draft flood-control plan presented yesterday by the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) calls on the federal and D.C. governments to build new stormwater facilities to avoid the kind of flooding that damaged downtown buildings last summer.