- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
National Capital Planning Commission
Latest National Capital Planning Commission Items
The National Capital Planning Commission is focused on making the open space adjacent to the White House more complementary to the landmark itself without sacrificing national security. On Tuesday, the commission presented the top five project designs from a nationwide search to find the best way to accomplish that goal.
The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture named Freelon Adjaye Bond/SmithGroup Tuesday to design its new building on the Mall. The team was selected unanimously by a 10-member jury led by museum director Lonnie G. Bunch over five other finalists.
Name: Stacie S. Turner
A draft flood-control plan presented yesterday by the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) calls on the federal and D.C. governments to build new stormwater facilities to avoid the kind of flooding that damaged downtown buildings last summer.