- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
National Center For Hiv/Aids
Latest National Center For Hiv/Aids Items
Americans who test positive for gonorrhea should now be treated with a shot, not just pills, the federal government said Thursday in a significant rewrite of the recommended treatment for the long-dreaded sexually transmitted disease.
U.S. high school students are often delaying sex, limiting their sexual activity and using condoms, but their risk for sexually transmitted diseases like HIV/AIDS remains too high, federal officials said Tuesday.
Black men who are gay or bisexual are "at the center" of the U.S. HIV/AIDS epidemic and should be a primary focus of testing, service and treatment efforts, a federal official and advocates said Wednesday.
Men who faithfully take a daily pill that contains drugs to treat HIV can reduce their risk of catching the deadly virus by up to 73 percent, the National Institutes of Health said in a study released Tuesday.