- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
National College Players Association
Latest National College Players Association Items
Ramogi Huma and the United Steelworkers celebrated the first big win in their push to unionize college athletes with an appearance on the Colbert Report and a triumphant tour on Capitol Hill.
Players from other universities have expressed interest in forming unions in the wake of the landmark decision last week involving the Northwestern football team, a union organizer said Friday.
Calling the NCAA a dictatorship, Northwestern's quarterback and the United Steelworkers announced plans Tuesday to form the first labor union for college athletes - the latest salvo in the bruising fight over whether amateur players should be paid.
The president of the National College Players Association has filed a petition in Chicago seeking union representation for football players at Northwestern University.
Some football players from Georgia, Georgia Tech and Northwestern had the letters APU _ All Players United _ written on their gear during Saturday's games as a show of solidarity that organizers hope will lead to changes in the NCAA.
The number of people who buy the NCAA's argument that amateurism is the backbone of college sports is dwindling by the day.