- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Latest NCAA Items
The NCAA has placed the University of Alaska Anchorage women's basketball team on two years of probation after confirming that a former coach and his volunteer assistant paid two players.
Loyola of Chicago coach Shane Davis made sure to congratulate his players on making school history - and save the game critique for later.
The NCAA has filed a flurry of motions in federal courts, seeking rulings that could delay the start of the landmark antitrust lawsuit brought by former UCLA basketball star Ed O'Bannon and others.
In a historic vote, Northwestern University football players cast secret ballots Friday on whether to form the nation's first union for college athletes - a decision that could change the landscape of American amateur sports.
The NCAA's board of directors took the first step toward shifting power to the five largest football conferences on Thursday, endorsing a 57-page plan that calls for giving 65 of the nation's biggest schools more autonomy in how to fund scholarships, handle health care and decide other increasingly hot-button issues involving their athletes.
Highlights from the proposal to change the NCAA's governance structure, which was endorsed Thursday by the NCAA's board of directors. A formal vote is not expected until the board's quarterly meeting in August:
Mark Emmert wants the NCAA to fast-track upgrades for college athletes - regardless of whether a player union is pushing for them.
Highlights from a proposal to change governance at the NCAA. The Division I Board of Directors is expected to discuss the plan Thursday:
The NCAA placed Wisconsin-River Falls on probation for one year Wednesday, saying the Division III school failed to monitor the scholarship process and allowed a former head football coach to be involved in arranging financial aid packages.