- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
National Education Association
Latest National Education Association Items
Results of a key international assessment of 15-year-old students around the world show no improvement for the U.S.
Chevron, Boeing and other companies whose fortunes are heavily dependent on government action or inaction were among the companies that gave $23 million to President Obama for his inauguration party, with the politician who ordinarily demonizes corporate money relying primarily on such sources, rather than individuals, for the $44 million gala in January.
Members of the nation's largest teachers unions — the National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers — are pushing to organize in charter schools in several cities around the nation.
President Obama's presidential campaign's newest incarnation, a nonprofit intended to mobilize volunteers and use their donations to prop up his bully pulpit, raised a paltry $4.8 million, constrained by its reversal under criticism of its intention to collect money from corporations.
The job satisfaction of teachers has plummeted to its lowest level in a quarter-century as shrinking school-district budgets take a toll on the psyche of American educators, a major study shows.
Supporters of President Barack Obama's gun-control proposals are planning a methodical, state-by-state campaign to try to persuade key lawmakers that it's in their political interest to back his sweeping effort to crack down on firearms and ammunition sales and expand criminal background checks.
As Vice President Joseph Biden's gun violence task force readies its recommendations, a new poll Tuesday shows the nation's teachers aren't interested in carrying guns into the classroom to protect themselves and their students.
Unions were formed to bring representation to companies that otherwise were accountable to no one but their profit-making owners. But most union workers today work for government, not companies, even though there are five times as many private-sector employees overall, according to recently collected data.