- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - National Fire Protection Association
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is a U.S. organization (albeit with some international members) charged with creating and maintaining minimum standards and requirements for fire prevention and suppression activities, training, and equipment, as well as other life-safety codes and standards. This includes everything from building codes to the personal protective equipment utilized by firefighters while extinguishing a blaze. - Source: Wikipedia
Ed Graf was given life in prison 25 years ago for killing his two stepsons by locking them in a backyard shed and setting it on fire. Two investigators used photos of the shed's remains to persuade jurors that Graf had started the fire intentionally.
Santa needs to wear a seat belt. That's the new rule the chief elf must obey when he swoops into Hampton, N.H., this Christmas season. So say the cheerless Scrooges of Hampton. In today's regulation nation, even jolly old St. Nick can wind up on the naughty list.
A new uniform policy for the D.C. fire department would have allowed the agency to make use of nearly $70,000 worth of polo-style shirts that have gone unused since they were ordered in October 2010, officials said.
Nearly $70,000 worth of brand-new shirts ordered by the District's fire department have gone unused because they are adorned with the wrong emblem, fire officials testified Wednesday.
Almost unanimously, Washington Democrats call themselves "pro-choice." "I support a woman's right to choose!" they thunder. "Choice," of course, means abortion, and that is where the Democrats' passion for choice starts and stops. Elsewhere, Democrats sabotage a woman's right to choose. Instead, they demand to make that choice for her, as they do for men.
A D.C. firefighter died while on duty early yesterday morning of a suspected heart attack — the department's first on-duty loss in eight years.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Fire swept through a furniture warehouse, collapsing its roof and killing nine firefighters inside — the nation's deadliest single disaster for firefighters since the September 11 terrorist attacks.