- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
Latest NFL Items
Vince Young has missed most of two games with a sprained left knee and ankle, yet the Titans keep scoring. Backup quarterback Kerry Collins has a torn tendon in a finger on his throwing hand.
Brett Favre's ironman streak has endured a litany of injuries and even a pair of premature retirement press conferences.
Brett Favre's ironman streak has endured a litany of injuries and even a pair of premature retirement press conferences. Perhaps this is the week that, finally, Favre's health prevents him from playing. The 41-year-old Minnesota quarterback has a stress fracture in his left ankle that could end his NFL-record streak at 291 consecutive games started _ 315 including the playoffs.
The "cloud coverage" has cleared, and quarterback David Garrard is ready to return for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
There's a photo of Cleveland punter Reggie Hodges sprinting untouched past unaware Saints following a fake on Sunday in New Orleans. In the picture, Hodges actually appears to be laughing.
After not sacking Brett Favre once in two losses to the Minnesota Vikings last year, the Green Bay defense feels it will have enough manpower to pressure the former Packers quarterback Sunday night.
The NFL fined 12 more players Friday, mostly for unnecessary roughness in games last weekend, sending another strong message that violent conduct wouldn't be tolerated.
Some NFL defenders are wondering when the league is going to crack down on infractions they see as equally deserving of suspensions as helmet hits, particularly illegal blocks that go on in the trenches.
The NFL still is investigating allegations that Vikings quarterback Brett Favre sent lewd photos and inappropriate text messages to a New York Jets game hostess two years ago, with the door open to a conversation between the woman and league officials.