- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
National Governors Association
Latest National Governors Association Items
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed a bill that would delay adoption of Common Core standards for any other subjects.
Emails between the administration of former Gov. Bob McDonnell and a consulting group show that things inside the Virginia executive mansion were in disarray long before an alleged gifts-for-influence scandal broke.
Colorado may be the first state with a retail marijuana market, but that doesn't mean the next governor has to like it.
Gov. Deval Patrick downplayed talk of a future run for the White House on Monday, saying he's focused on his day job and plans to return to the private sector when he leaves office in January.
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rep. Joe Dorman is criticizing a set of national educational standards in math and English known as common core.
South Carolina schools would continue to implement Common Core education standards in math and reading, at least for a few years, under a compromise advancing in the Senate.
American Samoa's governor is recovering at a Washington, D.C. hospital after being admitted last week for an unknown illness.
A petition with more than 9,000 signatures supporting Tennessee's Common Core standards was released Tuesday amid efforts by some lawmakers to do away with them.
Gov. Deval Patrick is heading to Costa Rica for a vacation.