- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
National Governors Association
Latest National Governors Association Items
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's administration has been paying its dues to the National Governors Association with money intended for the oversight of the state's foster care program and other social services.
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin will co-lead a session for national governors about reducing prescription drug abuse.
Gov. Deval Patrick is heading to Washington to participate in a two-day National Governors Association winter meeting.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan is expected to announce Wednesday morning the third round of Race to the Top, which will include new rewards for states that improve their pre-kindergarten education programs.
Wading back into the battle between Republican governors and public employee unions, President Obama on Monday told governors gathered at the White House that balancing state budgets will require shared sacrifice and that it doesn't do "any good when public employees are denigrated or vilified."
The heads of President Obama's national debt commission are painting a gloomy picture as the nation struggles to get its spending under control.
Governors hamstrung by the sluggish economic rebound in their states are pressing anew for Washington to step up with more help, some say even if it means adding to the nation's red ink.