- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
National Governors Association
Latest National Governors Association Items
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin will co-lead a session for national governors about reducing prescription drug abuse.
Gov. Deval Patrick is heading to Washington to participate in a two-day National Governors Association winter meeting.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan is expected to announce Wednesday morning the third round of Race to the Top, which will include new rewards for states that improve their pre-kindergarten education programs.
Wading back into the battle between Republican governors and public employee unions, President Obama on Monday told governors gathered at the White House that balancing state budgets will require shared sacrifice and that it doesn't do "any good when public employees are denigrated or vilified."
The heads of President Obama's national debt commission are painting a gloomy picture as the nation struggles to get its spending under control.
Governors hamstrung by the sluggish economic rebound in their states are pressing anew for Washington to step up with more help, some say even if it means adding to the nation's red ink.