- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest National Guard Items
One town is buried in snow. Another is iced in. This year's winter is being meaner than usual for at least two Alaska communities. Now, residents are looking for outside help.
The Obama administration will keep a reduced contingent of National Guard troops working along the Mexican border next year, the Defense Department said Tuesday.
Two months ago, Demetries Luckett left his job in Michigan, turned in his cable box, sent his daughter to live with her mother, and headed for Camp Shelby in Mississippi.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I am a Vietnam veteran (era 1965/1966) and, over the years, have developed problems due to an enlarged prostate and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) issues. During my service, I served in An Khe, Pleiku, Qui Nhon, etc., where heavy concentrations of Agent Orange were sprayed. Will I be eligible to receive compensation/benefits because of exposure to Agent Orange?
His eyes tearing up with emotion, Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos embraced his rescuers and said he had wondered whether he would survive a two-day kidnapping ordeal that ended when commandos swept into his captors' mountain hideout.
His eyes tearing up with emotion, Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos embraced his rescuers Saturday and said he had wondered whether he would survive a two-day kidnapping ordeal that ended when commandos swept into his captors' mountain hideout.
As a member of the Virginia Army National Guard in Richmond who is deployed to Iraq, I would like the citizens in my community to be aware of the situation here from the point of view of a soldier on the ground.
The burst of bullets came suddenly in Nevada's capital.
The man who opened fire on Tuesday at an IHOP restaurant in Nevada's capital has died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds, authorities said.