- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest National Harbor Items
This year’s CPAC features big-name speakers and outsized personalities, but none tower higher than Ronald Reagan and Lady Liberty, the two tallest guests at the biggest annual conservative convention.
Watch Wayne LaPierre's speech at CPAC 2014
Like kissing the ring of a mafia don, a Republican who wants to run for president has to speak at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference.
The Links Foundation Inc. says it will give $1 million to help build the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture on the National Mall.
Maryland officials say the two losing bidders for a casino license near the nation's capital have agreed not to oppose a commission's decision to grant the license to MGM Resorts International.
Dr. Ben Carson will be a featured speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in March, joining other confirmed guests such as Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida at the annual gathering of grassroots conservatives.
Days after a Prince George's County lawmaker introduced a bill to exempt amusement parks from paying the county's increased minimum wage, developers announced plans to build a 175-foot Ferris wheel on the Potomac River's edge at National Harbor.
MGM Resorts International has won a license for a new casino near the nation's capital in Maryland.
Outdoor film festivals are popping up around the area wherever audiences can make themselves comfortable on blankets or lawn chairs. Some popular local festivals continuing into September are at National Harbor, Capitol Riverfront, Rosslyn, NoMa, U Street, Centreville, Crystal City, Fairfax, Penrose Square and Rockville Town Square. The king of them all is the Comcast Outdoor Film Festival.