- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - National League
The National League of Professional Baseball Clubs, known simply as the National League (NL), is the older of two leagues constituting Major League Baseball, and the world's oldest extant professional team sports league. Founded on February 2, 1876, to replace the National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, it is sometimes called the Senior Circuit. The other league of Major League Baseball is the American League, founded in 1901 (sometimes called the "Junior Circuit" because it started 25 years after the NL). The two league champions of 1903 arranged to meet in the World Series and, after the 1904 champions failed to do likewise, the two leagues have arranged to meet in that annual culmination of the American baseball season, failing to do so only in the strike-shortened 1994 season. National League teams have won 44 and lost 62 of the 106 World Series played between these two leagues from 1903 to 2010. The San Francisco Giants are the reigning League Champions; they went on to defeat the Texas Rangers in the 2010 World Series. This was the first time the franchise has won the World Series since moving to San Francisco. The New York/San Francisco Giants and the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with 21 National League titles each, while the St. Louis Cardinals are the National League team with the most World Series wins, 10. - Source: Wikipedia
The Nationals made official on Monday the long-expected move to solidify the start to one of the most anticipated offseasons in team history: They agreed to keep manager Davey Johnson in the dugout for the 2012 season.
Because of who he is and what he's overcome, whenever Chien-Ming Wang takes the mound, the game is about him.