- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
National Organization For Women
Latest National Organization For Women Items
Uh-oh: Mothers are vexed with the Democratic Party for its plan to "credential" infants at the Democratic National Convention next month in Charlotte, N.C., not to mention the lack of child care at the event.
This is sure to confuse the National Organization for Women, not to mention Democratic strategists who want to tout President Obama's support for women's rights. What follows may not be part of the thinking, perhaps. GoTopless, a Las Vegas organization "dedicated to attaining women's rights to go bare-chested," is petitioning the Obama administration to recognize their "rights" as International GoTopless Day looms. It's Aug. 26, a date the group chose to coincide with Women's Equality Day, which commemorates the attainment of women's voting rights Aug. 26, 1920.
In the wake of the Supreme Court's stunning ruling on health care, activists on both sides of the abortion issue have pledged to bring the full weight of their movements into the November election battles.
In a May 8 press release, the National Organization For Women condemned the Republican version of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which was passed by the House Judiciary Committee on a mostly party-line vote.
The National Organization for Women (NOW) predictably defended Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen's comments that insulted Ann Romney and myriad other stay-at-home moms, thus proving that to the group, conservative women, faith and family are the enemy ("Left just doesn't get what moms really want," Web, Sunday).
Moms, do you get the feeling the left hasn't a clue about the value of motherhood?
B doesn't just stand for broadcasting at ABC.
Now available: a new memorial T-shirt for conservative publisher and provocateur Andrew Breitbart, who died suddenly on Thursday. The "Breitbart is Here" T-shirt features his image and an additional wish: "Keep Andrew's spirit alive and help support his family."
When President Obama was elected in 2008 with a 100 percent approval rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, he brought in supercharged hopes that he would make historic advances for abortion rights — especially with support from a Democrat-led Congress.