- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
National Parks Conservation Association
Latest National Parks Conservation Association Items
While backpacking his way through Europe, Brixton Doyle had a revelation.
U.S. Sens. Barbara A. Mikulski and Benjamin L. Cardin, Maryland Democrats, along with New York Democrat Charles E. Schumer, are working with the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) to commemorate the life, hard work and rich history of abolitionist Harriet Tubman and her impact on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Auburn, N.Y.
EXCLUSIVE: A top House Republican is demanding an investigation into whether the more than $2 billion for national parks in the House economic recovery package is proper in light of the fact that the chief lobbyist for the National Parks Conservation Association is the son of House Appropriations Committee Chairman David R. Obey.
Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens may be a living marvel, but it's kept that way by the National Park Service and a corps of unsung volunteers.