- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - National Personnel Records Center
The National Personnel Records Center is an agency of the National Archives and Records Administration, created in 1956. It is divided into two large Federal Records Centers located in St. Louis, Missouri. - Source: Wikipedia
After 18 years of searching for his family history, a Missouri man has found his half brother living just 80 miles away.
The number of missing or destroyed military records at a federal government warehouse in St. Louis is larger than initially believed.
A former clerk at a federal records warehouse in St. Louis has pleaded guilty to misfiling hundreds of military records.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My husband received DD256 when he was discharged from active duty in 1954. It is our understanding that the DD256 form is only for discharge from inactive reserves. He should have a DD214 from active duty according to our information. Could you please clarify? If he sends a copy his DD256 to the proper place, can he obtain the correct DD214?
Dear Sgt. Shaft: Can you please help me determine if the dog tags I have are my grandfather's from World War II in the Navy, or my father's from Vietnam in the Army? Both men had the same name. The tags are more rectangular and notched. My other grandfather who was in the Navy in World War II has oval dog tags.
Dear Sgt Shaft: Where can I receive the military medals that I received while serving on active duty.
Dear Sgt Shaft: Are all veterans entitled to burial in a VA cemetery? Thanks from an old vet.