- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
National Rifle Association
Latest National Rifle Association Items
Looking for broader remedies to gun violence, Vice President Joe Biden is reaching out to the video game industry for ideas as the White House seeks to assemble proposals in response to last month's massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.
No criminal charges will be brought against "Meet the Press" host David Gregory for his display of a high-capacity gun magazine on the show last month, the District's Office of the Attorney General announced Friday.
The National Rifle Association said it was "disappointed" with the focus of a Thursday meeting with Vice President Joseph R. Biden and other groups over new gun measures, arguing that the White House gathering had less to do with keeping the country's children safe and more to do "with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment."
In the wake of the December school shooting in Newtown, Conn., politicians and journalists who hate to see guns in the hands of ordinary citizens turned into a raving mob who sensed that victory over their enemies was near.
The administration is eyeing unilateral steps on gun control, but analysts said there are few things President Obama can do on his own because gun control is one area where Congress has jealously guarded its power to make the laws.
The National Rifle Association on Thursday will send a representative to meet with Vice President Joseph R. Biden, who is heading a task force on gun violence, a spokesman for the group said earlier this week.
Seeking to spur fresh action on gun legislation, Vice President Joe Biden is meeting at the White House with victims groups and gun-safety organizations.
Two Northeastern governors aren't waiting for Washington to pass new gun-control laws.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden on Wednesday floated the possibility that President Obama will take unilateral action to impose gun control in the wake of the last month's Connecticut school shooting.