- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
National Transitional Council
Latest National Transitional Council Items
Libyan rebels on Sunday rejected an offer by Col. Moammar Gadhafi to negotiate and said they have captured the eastern town of Bin Jawwad, forcing regime loyalists to flee after days of fighting.
Foreign female snipers in Tripoli mounted a fierce resistance against Libyan rebels Thursday, as fugitive dictator Moammar Gadhafi tried to rally last-ditch supporters to save his 42-year reign over the North African nation.
Libyan rebels struggled to consolidate their gains Wednesday as fighters loyal to Moammar Gadhafi mounted fierce resistance in parts of Tripoli and in a few remaining strongholds across the battered North African nation.
U.S. military, intelligence and diplomatic agencies are quietly making plans to secure elements of Col. Moammar Gadhafi's expansive arsenal of weapons as his regime nears collapse and is under fire from rebels seeking to expand control over the Libyan capital.
Libyan rebels breached Col. Moammar Gadhafi's fortified military compound in Tripoli after a fierce firefight Tuesday evening but found no sign of the dictator or his family.
The euphoria that swept Tripoli, Libya, on Sunday appeared to dissipate early Monday, as residents learned that forces loyal to Col. Moammar Gadhafi still controlled parts of the capital and the longtime Libyan dictator remained at large.
The ambassador who long represented Moammar Gadhafi and strongly defended the Libyan dictator reopened the Libyan Embassy this week as the envoy of the rebel provisional government, proclaiming a new democratic Libya.
Libyan rebels on Tuesday said the popular uprising against longtime dictator Moammar Gadhafi has entered a "decisive phase" and that they expect victory by the end of August.