- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
National Transportation Safety Board
Latest National Transportation Safety Board Items
The National Transportation Safety Board on Tuesday declared parasailing to be risky and urged the U.S. Coast Guard to require that operators be licensed.
Pilot mismanagement and confusion caused Asiana Flight 214 to crash in San Francisco last year, federal accident investigators concluded Tuesday.
The government failed to properly test the Boeing 787's lithium-ion batteries and relied too much on Boeing for technical expertise, a new report says.
The pilot of a hot air balloon that crashed May 9 in Virginia, killing all three on board, attempted to gain altitude before the balloon hit power lines and caught fire, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a preliminary report Tuesday.
Federal transportation safety officials on Monday urged closer track inspections after finding that inspectors may have failed to spot a broken part two days before a derailment and collision that injured scores of passengers in Connecticut last year.
A deadly Metro-North train derailment last year in which the "dazed" engineer was found to have sleep apnea has pushed the commuter railroad to look into establishing screening for the condition, which could include measuring operators' necks and asking them and their spouses about snoring habits.
The head of the company that owns much of Alaska's commuter airplane fleet says a critical federal report does not reflect safety changes the company has made.
Authorities have released the name of a Maryland woman killed in a small plane crash in southern New Jersey.
Federal transportation officials are investigating what caused a single-engine plane carrying a pilot and six French tourists to crash in northern Arizona, killing one person.