- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - National Treasury Employees Union
The National Treasury Employees Union is an independent labor union representing approximately 150,000 employees of 30 agencies of the United States government. The union specializes in representation of non-supervisory federal employees in every classification and pay level in civilian agencies. - Source: Wikipedia
Even as it warns that the across-the-board budget cuts are still biting, the Obama administration has found ways to soften the impact of the sequester — rethinking planned worker furloughs and restoring military operations that had been cut.
Where are we now in this morass of Obama administration scandals? We have The Associated Press imbroglio. We have the Benghazi imbroglio. We have the Internal Revenue Service imbroglio.
House Republicans are set Friday to block a President Obama-backed pay hike for federal workers, but the Senate isn't going to be so amenable.
It's hard to imagine flying could become any more inconvenient. Last week, however, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) made clear it was committed to making its employees even less accountable for their treatment of passengers. On Friday, TSA Administrator John S. Pistole granted the agency's 63,000 blue latex-gloved employees the right to insulate themselves with protection from the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) and National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU).