- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - National Turkey Federation
The National Turkey Federation (NTF) is the non-profit national trade association based in Washington, D.C. representing the turkey industry and its allies and affiliates. NTF advocates for all segments of the turkey industry, providing services and conducting activities which increase demand for its members' products. The NTF represents its members before the U.S. Congress and the various regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service. - Source: Wikipedia
Turkey farmers say a federal mandate to produce a certain amount of biofuel has left them scrambling to turn a profit, because corn costs over the years have skyrocketed and feed prices soared.
Popcorn and Caramel will live to gobble another day. President Obama issued the traditional presidential pardon for the two 38-pound male turkeys Wednesday at the White House, accompanied by daughters Malia and Sasha.
Ah, the glittering White House fundraising amid political discord: We're talking seven events in 48 hours to raise money for Democratic lawmakers gearing up for the 2014 midterms. President Obama departed the nation's capital Sunday, bound for a pair of fundraisers in Seattle. But, hey, a West Coast visit always includes California, and Mr. Obama jets South on Monday to headline the moneymakers.
Declaring "we can't wait to pardon these turkeys," President Obama Wednesday gave two birds the traditional presidential reprieve from a sentence to be the centerpiece at a Thanksgiving dinner table.
President Obama took part Wednesday in the annual White House tradition of pardoning a Thanksgiving turkey.