- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Naval Academy Items
U.S. military academy football teams will play this weekend, despite the government shutdown.
Hill is referred to as the "Jackie Robinson of Southern college football," and 50 years ago Tuesday, on Sept. 10, 1963, he knocked down one of the last remaining doors of discrimination in sports.
Susan Burke, a private lawyer representing the alleged victim in the Naval Academy rape case, just filed an action in federal court to have the admiral who appointed the Article 32 Uniform Code of Military Justice investigation removed owing to bias ("Naval Academy charges 3 football players with sexual assault in 2012 incident," Web, June 19). The action claims that, among other things, the admiral did not make the hearing officer stop the abusive questioning of the alleged victim.
Navy's sophomore quarterback Keenan Reynolds is prepared to take on the pressures of being a full-time starter this season. His coach has full belief in him and the Midshipmen to improve from last year's 8-5 record.
No uniform, khaki or burgundy, completely holds the 26-year-old Kettani. He spent three years on active duty, deployed aboard the frigate U.S.S. Klakring with 20-hour days and enough stress to make high-pressure situations seem normal.
The Naval Academy has launched an investigation into three football players over accusations that they sexually assaulted a female student, a school spokesman said Friday.
President Obama called on newly minted officers of the Naval Academy Friday to exhibit the highest standards while serving their country, specifically exhorting them to hold themselves and others accountable when problems arise.
First lady Michelle Obama visited the Naval Academy and the State House in Annapolis Wednesday to bring national attention to a Maryland law aimed at helping veterans gain professional credentials.
She won't head into ground combat as an infantry Marine anytime soon, but she is heading into the Corps' all-male infantry training school this March, the first of two to do so since the Pentagon last week lifted its ban on women in combat roles.