- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Ncaa Division I
Latest Ncaa Division I Items
Larry Scott of the Pac-12 joined the chorus of commissioners calling for sweeping change in the NCAA, and said it can happen without confrontation and with the five most powerful football conferences still competing on the field with the other five.
Top basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins will play his college basketball at Kansas.
The Annika Award will be presented to the top NCAA Division I women's player, starting next year.
TEASE: What team won by the largest margin of victory in an NCAA tournament game? Who was first black coach to win an NCAA basketball championship? Read on March Madness fan.
None of the past 10,000 drug tests performed on student-athletes at Miami has shown a positive result for anabolic steroids, university officials said Thursday night.
As voters, we like to think of ourselves as, well, thoughtful. Careful. Essentially reasonable. Patriotic citizens making important ballot box decisions based on issues, candidates and political arguments. If a growing body of behavioral research is right, however, we may be flattering ourselves.
Football is the only NCAA Division I sport that is divided into two levels, the one that fills 100,000-seat stadiums and the one that gets no respect.
Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia left Monday's game with a jammed right thumb. Pedroia apparently was injured while diving for Danny Worth's grounder at the end of the fifth inning against the Detroit Tigers. He was replaced by Nick Punto. Pedroia was batting .294 with five homers and 20 RBI.
Murray State and Steve Prohm agreed to a one-year contract extension and a pay raise on Monday after the Racers completed the most successful season in their school's history.