- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Ncaa Items
Bill Self was born in Edmond, Okla. He played basketball at Oklahoma State, and cut his teeth in the coaching profession at Kansas. He built up programs at Oral Roberts and Tulsa, and is now leading the Jayhawks in their pursuit of another national championship.
Kansas State freshmen Marcus Foster and Wesley Iwundu have never played Kentucky. They hadn't even seen the scouting film on the SEC powerhouse that was being put together by their coaches.
The Eagles played Ohio State tough earlier this season, coming within seven points with just over six minutes left in the game, so they consider themselves ready for a big arena with thousands of fans rooting against them.
Tennessee fired Pearl in March 2011 after six seasons at Tennessee in the wake of an NCAA investigation. He led the Volunteers to the NCAA tournament in each of his six seasons.
Geno Auriemma and his UConn Huskies have run through their opponents all season.
The No. 1 seed in the South Region enters the NCAA tournament with an all-or-nothing mentality, knowing it needs six more wins to solidify a spot in program and college basketball lore. Anything short would be another disappointment for a senior-laden team that lost in a regional final the last three years.
Somewhere in a Wisconsin basketball media guide or highlight DVD is a photo that made coach Bo Ryan especially proud this past week.
Western Michigan is in the NCAA men's basketball tournament for the first time in a decade.