- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Ncaa Items
Florida already has cut down nets twice this season. The Gators have won a school-record 26 consecutive games, became the first team in Southeastern Conference history to go 18-0 in the regular season, won the league tournament and earned the overall top seed in the NCAA tournament for the second time.
Bill Self was born in Edmond, Okla. He played basketball at Oklahoma State, and cut his teeth in the coaching profession at Kansas. He built up programs at Oral Roberts and Tulsa, and is now leading the Jayhawks in their pursuit of another national championship.
Kansas State freshmen Marcus Foster and Wesley Iwundu have never played Kentucky. They hadn't even seen the scouting film on the SEC powerhouse that was being put together by their coaches.
The Eagles played Ohio State tough earlier this season, coming within seven points with just over six minutes left in the game, so they consider themselves ready for a big arena with thousands of fans rooting against them.
Tennessee fired Pearl in March 2011 after six seasons at Tennessee in the wake of an NCAA investigation. He led the Volunteers to the NCAA tournament in each of his six seasons.
Geno Auriemma and his UConn Huskies have run through their opponents all season.
The No. 1 seed in the South Region enters the NCAA tournament with an all-or-nothing mentality, knowing it needs six more wins to solidify a spot in program and college basketball lore. Anything short would be another disappointment for a senior-laden team that lost in a regional final the last three years.
Somewhere in a Wisconsin basketball media guide or highlight DVD is a photo that made coach Bo Ryan especially proud this past week.