- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
Latest Ncaa Items
The Mercer Bears don't know what the NCAA tournament selection committee has in store for them.
Only a week ago, No. 15 North Carolina was rolling along with a long winning streak that had the Tar Heels playing with confidence.
Minnesota's weekend just got a whole lot more stressful.
Patricio Garino scored 15 points, Nemanja Mikic came off the bench to add 14 and George Washington showed off its depth and versatility in an 85-77 victory against Massachusetts in the Atlantic 10 tournament quarterfinals Friday night.
Stanford's win over Washington State to open the Pac-12 tournament was more of a placeholder, a game that only meant something if the Cardinal lost it.
Wofford coach Mike Young was disappointed his Terriers weren't part of the NCAA tournament the past two seasons. He was also bothered he had no other teams from South Carolina to pull for in those events.
Langston Galloway pushed St. Joseph's past Dayton with a late 3, giving the Hawks' NCAA hopes a boost and sending the Flyers home for a couple of nervous days, hoping for a bid to the big tournament.
The power conferences still have a couple of days before they reach the semifinals of their conference tournaments. That doesn't stop the chatter of who will get what seed when the 68-team bracket for the NCAA tournament is revealed.
Sterling Gibbs hit a step-back jumper at the buzzer and Seton Hall stunned No. 3 Villanova 64-63 in a thrilling Big East quarterfinal Thursday, a loss that could cost the Wildcats a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.