- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Nebraska Legislature
The Nebraska Legislature is the supreme legislative body of the State of Nebraska, in the Great Plains region of the United States. The Legislature meets at the Nebraska State Capitol in the City of Lincoln, Lancaster County. - Source: Wikipedia
In one of the biggest religious freedom cases in years, Supreme Court justices and attorneys engaged in what one observer called a "very vigorous exchange" over whether a small New York town's practice of having a prayer before government meetings passed constitutional muster.
Democratic Sen. John Kerry, who unsuccessfully sought the presidency in 2004 and has pined for the job of top diplomat, vaulted to the head of President Obama's short list of secretary of state candidates after U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice suddenly withdrew from consideration to avoid a contentious confirmation fight with emboldened Republicans.
For a candidate who once promoted universal health care and spent a decade leading one of the nation's most liberal universities, Democrat Bob Kerrey has embarked on a dramatic political makeover — one that now has him sounding more like a hardened fiscal conservative.
While their colleagues are in Charlotte, N.C., this week for the party's national convention, many red-state Democrats are staying put to sweat it out on the campaign trail — and create some distance between them and their more liberal counterparts.
Super PAC ads will remain a part of the Nebraska Senate race.
Super PAC spending could get the boot from the closely watched Nebraska Senate contest.
Already down in the polls, Democrat Bob Kerrey's hopes to reclaim his old Nebraska Senate seat may have taken another hit after his wife, former Saturday Night Live writer Sarah Paley, penned a biting piece for July's Vogue magazine that some view as insulting to the Cornhusker State.
Bolstered by the passage of unique abortion restrictions in his home state of Nebraska, U.S. Sen. Mike Johanns is pushing for a new federal discussion of the notion of fetal pain.