- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Neil C. Parrott
Latest Neil C. Parrott Items
With last week's court decision to allow a referendum on Maryland's congressional map and the General Assembly's passage of a gambling expansion bill, Maryland voters will see seven statewide questions on the ballot this fall.
Maryland voters are getting the chance in November to get rid of the new congressional district map, marking the first time in 50 years that a referendum on redistricting has made it to the state ballot.
A petition drive seeking a referendum on Maryland's congressional map faces its final deadline this weekend, and organizers said Thursday they are still scrambling to gather the necessary signatures.
Maryland voters will decide this November whether to allow in-state tuition rates for some illegal immigrants, and activists on both sides of the issue are ramping up efforts to get their message out to the public.
Organizers of a petition against Maryland's same-sex marriage law have collected enough valid voter signatures to send the law to a November referendum, state election officials said Thursday.
Organizers of a petition against Maryland's new congressional map said Thursday night they have gathered enough signatures to meet a state deadline and continue their drive through the end of June.
A petition drive to put the state's new congressional map on the ballot could end Thursday if organizers cannot get all the signatures they need and were still missing Wednesday night.
A petition effort to put Maryland's same-sex marriage law on the November ballot is expected to meet a key deadline next week, but a lesser-known petition campaign could be struggling to the finish.
When Marylanders go to the polls in November, the most interesting races might not involve political candidates.