- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Nepalese Police
Nepalese police have arrested an Iranian carrying a fake Israeli passport, possibly thwarting a terror attack against the Israel Embassy in Katmandu.
It's not just UNESCO: The Palestinians' top envoy in Geneva said Tuesday he thinks joining the U.N. agency for culture, education and science will "open the door" to joining 16 other U.N. agencies within weeks.