- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Nevada Athletic Commission
The commission, which is an agency of the Nevada Department of Business & Industry, is made up of five part-time members, each of whom is appointed by the Governor for a three year term. The chairman is elected annually by the commission members. The current chairman is Bill D. Brady. The other members are Raymond "Skip" Avansino, Jr., T.J. Day, Pat Lundvall and Francisco "Cisco" Aguilar. The commission appoints an executive director to conduct the day-to-day operations of the commission. The executive director does not have a vote on actions taken by the commission. The current executive director is Keith Kizer. In addition to the executive director, the commission has a staff of four full-time employees. The office of the Attorney General serves as legal counsel to the commission. - Source: Wikipedia
Veteran UFC light heavyweight Chael Sonnen has failed a drug test, forcing him out of his bout with Vitor Belfort at UFC 175 in Las Vegas next month.
Craig Metcalfe has been added to the three-judge panel for Manny Pacquiao's rematch with Timothy Bradley on Saturday after judge John Keane fell ill.
Vitor Belfort dropped out of his upcoming UFC middleweight title shot on Thursday a few hours after the Nevada Athletic Commission banned testosterone replacement therapy.
Nevada state regulators on Thursday banned mixed martial arts fighters from using testosterone replacement therapy.
A search official says about 350 applications have been received and he plans to contact 32 people who've applied for the vacant Nevada Athletic Commission executive director position.
Keith Kizer has resigned as executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, saying he wants to return to the attorney general's office.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission fined and suspended boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Thursday over a failed drug test last year before a Mexican Independence Day fight in Las Vegas.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has temporarily suspended Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. after the former middleweight champion failed a drug test.