- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
New England Sports Ventures
Latest New England Sports Ventures Items
English soccer team Liverpool says Tom Werner will replace Martin Broughton as the club's chairman beginning next Wednesday.
John Henry has cautioned that his Boston Red Sox ownership group will not throw cash at reviving fallen English giant Liverpool.
Liverpool's new American owners are watching their first match since completing the takeover of the club.
Liverpool players met John Henry and New England Sports Ventures executives on Saturday, a day after the group won a courtroom fight for ownership of the relegation-threatened team.
Liverpool players met their new owner Saturday as attention turned from the long and bitter boardroom fight to the fortunes of the relegation-threatened team.
Liverpool's American owners dropped their Texas court case against the sale of the club on Friday, removing a major obstacle to a takeover by the parent company of the Boston Red Sox. But they vowed to pursue a $1.6 billion damages claim over what they called the "illegal" buyout.
Liverpool's owners are withdrawing their Texas court order blocking the sale of the Premier League club but could still find a way to stop the proposed 300 million pound ($476 million) takeover by the owners of the Boston Red Sox.
Two people with knowledge of the decision say Liverpool has completed the sale of the famed soccer club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox.
Liverpool says the soccer club has been sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox.