- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
New Year's Day
Latest New Year's Day Items
The current budget impasse is largely the result of many Americans disliking Obamacare and wanting to curtail the law as part of the passing of a budget. On the other side are those who argue that it's the law of the land, so get over it.
Nationals Park, RFK Stadium and FedEx Field are the candidates to host the Winter Classic when the NHL's annual New Year's Day outdoor game comes to the nation's capital in 2015.
A person familiar with the situation says the Winter Classic is coming to Washington in 2015.
The D.C. area has several potential sites to host the game, including Nationals Park, RFK Stadium and FedEx Field.
For 103 years, the Boy Scouts of America stood their ground for traditional moral values. That changed in May when the group's leadership succumbed to noisy activist groups (and cowed corporate donors) and opened their ranks to homosexuals. Backers of the Scouting oath, in which each member promises to be "morally straight," think there's an opportunity for a straight alternative.
The newly announced Trail Life USA expects to become a "premier" Christian organization for boys and young men when it fully launches in the new year.
As Jewish congregations celebrate a New Year, across the country they’re exploring innovative approaches for remedying demographic weaknesses.
One day not long ago — Jan. 1, 2012, to be exact — Martin Manley set a New Year's resolution unlike any other: "To explore the idea of committing suicide sooner rather than later."
With Aaron Hernandez's arrest hovering over the start of training camp, the New England Patriots sent out quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick to shed some light.