- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
New Year's Day
Latest New Year's Day Items
Signs of economic strength pushed Treasury prices lower on the first trading day of the new year.
Hackers claiming to be Saudis posted credit card information of thousands of Israelis on the Internet, credit card companies said Tuesday, in what appeared to be a politically motivated attack. One expert played down its scope.
A man hurled crude firebombs at an Islamic cultural center in part because he wasn't allowed to use its bathrooms and targeted four other New York-area sites on New Year's Day because of other personal grievances, a law enforcement official said Tuesday.
The arrival of Election Year 2012 has triggered a Pavlovian response of drooling and whining among journalists.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg wants the world to know that while he might have shared a New Year's kiss with Lady Gaga it was nothing compared with the one he got later from his longtime girlfriend.
French President Nicolas Sarkozy accused Syrian leader Bashar Assad of "barbarous repression" Tuesday and demanded that he step down.
A murder mystery with elements of an Agatha Christie whodunit is unfolding at the vast country estate where Queen Elizabeth II and her family gathered in rural splendor to celebrate Christmas and New Year's.
The new year arrives with solemn prayers for peace on Earth and good will toward all, but also with memories of Christmas bills to pay and the first wisps of worry over the annual irritation of filing income taxes.
Rupert Murdoch has begun the new year by setting up in a new field of communications — he's started tweeting.