- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
New Year's Eve
Latest New Year's Eve Items
Boos, applause and the occasional outburst marked a gathering of about 500 Ohio residents seeking explanations for a series of earthquakes that has hit their area since deep injection drilling came to town.
Griffin O'Neal, the son of actor Ryan O'Neal, is facing more legal trouble.
Florida Panthers forward Krys Barch has been suspended for one game by the NHL because of an inappropriate comment to Montreal's P.K. Subban during the game on Saturday night.
Britain's film academy is honoring Martin Scorsese for his "outstanding and exceptional" contribution to cinema, the Associated Press reports.
ABC rang in the new year with robust ratings, crushing its rivals during four hours that covered both prime time and late night.
Two former Libyan rebel factions clashed Tuesday in hours of gunbattles in central Tripoli that left five fighters dead, a Tripoli military council official said.
A popular Israeli-Arab singer had to cancel a show on New Year's Eve in the West Bank because of threats from Palestinian activists opposed to coexistence with Israel, the performer and police said.
"American Idol" finalist James Durbin has married longtime girlfriend Heidi Lowe in a New Year's Eve ceremony at the edge of a California redwood forest.
The disposal of wastewater used in the booming practice known as "fracking" is responsible for a rash of recent earthquakes in Ohio, and critics have latched on to the seismic events as evidence that the popular natural gas extraction method is dangerous and should be banned.