- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
New York City Council
Latest New York City Council Items
The New York City Council is set to pass a sweeping legislative package aimed at improving traffic safety, The Associated Press has learned.
The New York City Council is advocating that Madison Square Garden be stripped of its tax exemption.
The New York City Council is delaying any discipline against a Queens councilman arrested as part of a political corruption probe.
The New York City Council is asking for Albany to allow the city to use state funds to pay for a rental subsidy program for the homeless.
The New York City Council's finance director has been arraigned on an assault charge after he was accused of domestic violence.
The New York City Council has passed expanded paid sick days legislation.
The New York City Council won't have an official presence at the city's St. Patrick's Day parade this year because of rules that prevent gay and lesbian groups from identifying themselves while marching, Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito announced Tuesday.
New York City Council member and speaker hopeful Melissa Mark-Viverito is facing a $1 million claim that she tried to put a voodoo curse on her former rival in the primary elections.
New York City Council members voted late Wednesday evening to raise the age of those wishing to buy cigarettes from 18 to 21 — but not all are on board with the new regulation, which now goes to Mayor Michael Bloomberg for signature.