- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
New York City Police
Latest New York City Police Items
New York City police are investigating a rape and robbery at a tattoo parlor in Brooklyn.
New York City police roughed up an elderly man who tried to cross a busy Upper West Side street without waiting for the “walk” sign, beating him so badly that he was bloodied, one witness said.
New York City police say a 24-year-old man was shot and injured inside a subway station in Brooklyn.
Two New York City police officers are being credited with saving the life of an unconscious infant at a Brooklyn bank.
New York City police say they've arrested a man who fired a gun at them as they pursued him on foot.
New York City police are seeking the public's help in identifying a suspect who raped a woman in the East Village.
Scores of retired New York City police officers, firefighters and prison guards were charged Tuesday with faking psychiatric problems to get federal disability benefits — with some falsely claiming their conditions arose after the Sept. 11 attacks, prosecutors said.
New York City police authorities are investigating a series of unprovoked physical attacks in public places on people who are Jewish, in the form of what is called "Knockout."
A federal lawsuit charges that New York City police officers handcuffed a man and two of his friends — who were not guilty of any crime — and then forced one of them to "perform a rap song" for his freedom.