- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
New York Giants
Latest New York Giants Items
The New York Giants are having trouble getting to Minnesota for their game against the Vikings.
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel left practice Friday with his sore knee, and is listed as questionable for Sunday night's game at Dallas (4-8).
Brett Favre still hasn't been able to throw a proper pass in practice, and the Minnesota Vikings still haven't given up hope their quarterback will extend his NFL record for consecutive starts against the New York Giants on Sunday.
Brett Favre isn't the only one with a streak of note heading into Sunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants.
Even by Albert Haynesworth standards, it was quite a day. A teammate called him out, essentially for being selfish. He got publicly summoned to the coach's office. A television report suggested he appeared "hung over" at practice last week.
Mike Shanahan will meet with Albert Haynesworth before discussing the latest saga surrounding the defensive lineman.
Tarvaris Jackson came off the bench for the injured Brett Favre and threw for 187 yards and two touchdowns, and the Minnesota Vikings defense dominated Buffalo in a 38-14 victory on Sunday.
Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw ran for two touchdowns apiece and the New York Giants steamrolled the mistake-prone Washington Redskins 31-7 Sunday.
Jon Embree will be introduced as Colorado's new football coach on Monday morning.