- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
New York Islanders
Latest New York Islanders Items
For the second straight year, the Capitals saw their No.2 center sign a four-year deal with another team during the first week of free agency.
The Capitals have an excellent history in recent drafts. New GM Brian MacLellan will try to continue that trend.
The New York Islanders have agreed to terms with 19-year-old defenseman Ville Pokka on a three-year, entry-level contract.
The New York Islanders agreed to a four-year contract Thursday with goaltender Jaroslav Halak.
Halak, 28, split his eighth NHL season between St. Louis and Washington, compiling a 29-13-7 record. The native of Slovakia was acquired by New York from Washington for a fourth-round draft pick and could have become a free agent.
Three weeks after acquiring goalie Jaroslav Halak from the Capitals, the New York Islanders have signed him to a four-year, $18 million deal.
He coached Carolina to a Stanley Cup in 2006 and took Philadelphia to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010. He was fired in October after the Flyers lost their first three games of the season.
The Nashville Predators wanted experience and a proven winner as their new head coach, and general manager David Poile believes that's what they got in hiring Peter Laviolette - just the second coach in the franchise's history.
Add New York City developer Howard Milstein to a growing list of candidates interested in purchasing the Buffalo Bills.