- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - New York Legislature
The New York State Legislature is the term often used to refer to the two houses that act as the state legislature of the U.S. state of New York. The New York Constitution does not designate an official term for the two houses together. It says only that "legislative power is vested in the senate and assembly." The legislature is seated at the New York State Capitol in Albany. - Source: Wikipedia
The New York Legislature on Monday passed a $140 billion election-year budget that will expand pre-kindergarten statewide and provide tax relief to homeowners and corporations.
The New York Legislature's top Democrat says he expects that a state budget deal is near.
A bill before the New York Legislature would require parents of grade school children to take four parent-support classes. The children of parents who don't attend the classes would be held back from entering seventh grade.
A 20-year-old bill that would make it easier for adoptees over the age of 18 to get their original birth records is up again in the New York Legislature, where backers say it has more momentum than in the past.
With New York now gearing up for same-sex weddings, the battle lines are forming for the next skirmishes over gay marriage particularly in Minnesota.