- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
New York Liberty
Latest New York Liberty Items
The Washington Mystics entered their third meeting of the season against the Atlanta Dream with optimism.
Like a long-distance runner without a finishing kick, the Washington Mystics have competed well in several games this season for 3 1/2 quarters, only to lose their stride and find themselves unable to put away their opponents.
Matee Ajavon tied a career high with 32 points to help the Washington Mystics cruise to a 91-81 victory over the New York Liberty on Saturday night.
The free-throw line is a struggling team's best friend, and the Washington Mystics certainly used it to their advantage Saturday night.
The New York Liberty acquired center Kara Braxton from Phoenix in exchange for forward Sidney Spencer on Thursday.
There were the record number of first-time WNBA All-Stars, and a halftime ceremony honoring the best players in WNBA history. Indiana Fever guard Katie Douglas didn't fit into either category.
Nicole Powell scored 20 points and the New York Liberty cruised to a 91-69 victory over the Atlanta Dream on Wednesday.
Sparks forward Candace Parker will be out for about six weeks due to a torn meniscus in her right knee.
Sparks forward Candace Parker is headed back to Los Angeles to have an MRI on her right knee that she injured in Sunday's loss to the New York Liberty.